Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pile

Speaking of pen & ink I thought I would share of one of my favorite sources of inspiration which is Pile: Petals From St. Klaed’s Computer by Brian W. Aldiss with illustrations by Mike Wilks.

This large oversized book was published in 1979 and consists of a poem about a civilization called Pile all beautifully illustrated with pen and ink.

This is one of those works that you view over and over and see something new every time. There really isn’t much more to add other than the fact I’ve owned this book for 32 years and have never grown tired of visiting each and every page.

Here’s a sample of some of the brilliance.








This book is still available through Amazon.com.

3 comments:

Pam Morris said...

always love pen and ink...thanks for the tip...just ordered it!

STOLLOWEEN said...

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do....

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Wow, I agree, the art on that is stunning...looks like I am off to Amazon! Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin