Monday, October 18, 2010

Sounds for Building

Contrary to what many of you may think I don’t listen to scary music year round, usually my music choice is rock or metal from the 1980’s…in fact if a project is going well I tend to put the CD player on repeat and listen over and over.

This summer I probably listened to Queensryche’s Empire about 100 times because I found the album to be very motivating in my prop building efforts.

During the few weeks leading up to Halloween I tend to shift gears and listen to horror movie soundtracks.

The tone of the soundtrack I choose usually matches the tone of the piece(s) I am working on and currently I am working on some rather dark humorless pieces so it is only fitting that my auditory choice is the soundtrack to Hellbound: Hellraiser II.

The music was composed by Christopher Young and performed by the Graunke Symphony Orchestra and is what you would expect from a Hellraiser film…dark, evil and creepy…perfect ambience when working on dark, evil and creepy props.

My media shelves are filled with movie soundtracks but these particular tracks really put me in the mood and help guide my prop building in the right direction….sort of like a GPS unit pointing you straight to hell.

Click here to listen to a sample.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin