Sunday, September 12, 2010

C.R.A.P. Files 003

Opened another box of C.R.A.P. or “Collectibles Retained and Packed” tucked away in the garage and this one contained some real goodies.

First out of the box was Series One and Series Two of Todd McFarlane’s Monster Playsets.

These sets were produced in the mid 90’s and featured highly detailed action figures and set pieces creating a unique scene with a huge twist of originality.

These toys would be great references pieces when building a room for a haunted house or a display because they are way cool.

Set one included the Hunchback, Werewolf, Frankenstein and Dracula.





Series two consisted of The Sea Creature, The Mummy, The Phantom of the Opera and Dr. Frankenstein.




What’s really cool is that you can combine the Frankenstein sets from both series into one totally kick ass Mad Lab Monster set.

The only set I have opened was Dr. Frankenstein Series Two because toys deserve to be played with and not sealed inside a plastic box.

If you haven’t checked out McFarlane toys be sure to do so because they are a cut above the rest and did I mention that they are way cool?






2 comments:

madge1967 said...

Hey,
Normally I don't respond to you and I am sorry for that. I am a Halloween nut in the good sense! I love your 1990's finds! I wished that I could have bought them when I saw them in Target when they were on the shelves! They were only placed out for just a short time and then I think recalled?..? It is nice to see them again!
YOU SO ROCK DUDE!!
Melissa

ShellHawk said...

I have never seen these anywhere before! How very cool!
I can here it now, "Mommy! I want to play with Igor!" (Insert Terry Pratchett reference here...)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin