Saturday, July 18, 2009

Q&A: Frog Legs

Questions regarding my projects and papier mache regularly fill my mailbox. In an effort to answer these questions and share information some of these questions will be regularly featured on this blog.

Verla wrote:

“ I am trying to make a monster frog any need to know the inches of the legs pieces. I hate to give him puny legs. Any help would be great. Thanks, Verla”

The length of the legs used to create my frogs was 8.5 inches, these legs were used on a body that was 16 inches long so my advice would be to make each leg segment approximately half the length of the body.


Example: If the body of your frog measures 20 inches long then make each leg segment over 10 inches in length.

When I created the patterns for this project it was basically trial and error. The sizes are not based on any anatomical specs but rather on what looked best to the eye.

Here are some photos of the templates or patterns that were used to create my papier mache frogs, the complete tutorial can be found here.

Hope this helps!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin